1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

49ers to ESPN: F*** Off

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Suck it, Bristol.

Suck it loud and long.

2. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Reason 1,000,001 why espn is so hated....Almost as bad as those new Jorge Posada commercials bleh!

3. markvid

markvid Guest

May I play devil's advocate?
    ESPN pays a lot of money in rights fees to the NFL. Papers and local TV doesn't.
    ESPN is in the middle of a live show. Papers and local TV aren't.

I'd like to hear actually what was said by the ESPN producer before I pass judgment on this one.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Yeah... that's where I am.

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

That's interesting. I never knew that.

You can thank Berman, too, for Botox Boy Steve Young being on the WWL & ABC, IMO

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Reminds me of a story I heard (I think it was on this board) about Don Zimmer, when he was managing the Cubs and doing his daily pregame briefing with the scribes in the dugout.

The game was a network one, and one of the producers came over and said, presumptively, "OK, Zim, we need you now."

Zimmer said something to the extent of, "Oh, I'm just supposed to tell these guys to fuck off? I'll do it when I'm done here." The network guy walked away speechless.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They were in the MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING INTERVIEW!

These things don't last that long. Show another clip. Drool over Brady Quinn some more. Show some fucking respect for other working journalists.

Fuck the live show and fuck rights fees. Get it set up beforehand, fine. Have Willis pulled before he starts talking to the local guys, fine. But try to cut in the middle? Fuck that. Self-important jackasses.

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Thank you

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Roy Firestone did the studio show for the Lakers in the 1980s, with that killer musical opening on Channel 9.

Not sure what Berman's 49er connection was, but Firestone was close to those Lakers.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

The sad thing is, I don't think there was any official connection.

Leather was just such an obvious and emphatic shill for the 'Niners for such a long time, they apparently decided to give him a ring for his dedicated service. It was well-deserved, certainly. I can't recall if he gave it back or not.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

After the 2000 World Series the Yankees gave one of their greatest fans- Hillary Clinton a Yankee Pendant that replicated the tiop of 2000 World Series ring.

They have not won one since. It could be the Hillary Jinx.

12. ESPN didn't negotiate rights fees with me.
    They didn't negotiate rights fees with the rookie, who isn't even signed yet.
    Screw their rights fees.

Draft saved Draft deleted