1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

49ers send Aldon Smith to rehab UPDATE detained for reported LAX bomb threat

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Starting pay in most places is more than a decent chunk of journalists will ever make in a year. It was between $45K-$50K a year and I'm guessing it's higher in regions other than mine.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

http://www.tsa.gov/careers/pay-bands

So, the airport screeners are all in pay bands D or E, meaning their pay can range from $25,773-$44,447, plus locality pay (which obviously depends on where you live, but I've seen it as high as 25 percent or as low as 12 percent of your base salary).

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The African-American guys often get the worst of it, especially in places where there are not a lot of AAs.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I have heard TSA has a database that flags "belligerent" air travellers.
    I happen to protest my wife or sister being made to walk through a naked body scanner and Fart goes on a watch list.
    If that is the case, put the words "Suck My Dick Twice" under my name.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

Naturally entitled.
    This is what our Bill of Rights is based on.
    I bet you're one of the ones who nodded your head in agreement when the Patriot Act was ratified, believing that was sound planning on any level.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You lose. What do I win?

I've been outspoken (in real life) about the fact that the Patriot Act was the catalyst for the most recent and ongoing assault on our civil liberties.

7. HumanBeing

HumanBeing New Member

Fart is going to get this thread locked, his own way of rallying SJ's TSA.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

It's very plain who you are, you know.
    You aren't fooling a damn soul around here.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

In what can only be deemed a crazy and less-than-fortuitous circumstance, one of Smith's companions in the LAX terminal was Chris Culliver, who apparently had the good sense to leave his brass knuckles at home. The belief is that Smith and Culliver weren't traveling together but just happened to be booked on the same flight back home.

I guess this is what people mean when they say "trouble finds him." For both guys.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2014/04/15/aldon-smiths-future-court-date-probable-nfl-suspension-and-the-49ers-overwhelming-weariness-and-frustration/

Draft saved Draft deleted