1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

49 years ago today ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Who shot Tippit remains in dispute as well.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

a nice guy who makes a helluva cd ... wait, is that spillover. ; )

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Personally, I can't take anything Tomas says seriously until he addresses the Apple Cup. Overtimes have consequences.

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I have always said there is no way Oswald acted alone, and there is no way the kill shot came from that book suppository (sorry, Full Metal Jacket moment). Oswald probably was a patsy. If he was a lone nut, even a lone nut would have taken the shot coming down Houston instead of waiting. I don't think the government/LBJ was behind it, but I do think they covered up the truth. I don't even know that it's fair to use the words "covered up." I think the government just wanted to draw a line under it ASAP, and the Oswald/lone nut/magic bullet theory was the quickest and easiest.

I truly believe the Chicago/New Orleans/Miami mob connection was the real backing of the whole deal. They had reason because of getting fucked by Joe Kennedy and by Bobby's pressure, and the mob could have kept it quiet all this time where no one else could.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

oh, i fucking hate you. and here i was just starting to get my shit together -- speaking to my family again -- after that abomination of a turd the huskies laid in pullman.

why do you hurt me like that, dixie?

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Anyone interested in wild conspiracy theories needs to read Vincent Bugliosi's book. Damn fine read.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It wasn't in the book, for obvious reasons, but JFK's and LBJ's staff didn't get along. A college professor told us this story. The night of the assassination, LBJ sent out word he wanted new White House stationary with his name on there as president, for a special reason, ASAP. Several JFK staffers were pissed, to say the least, with one of them saying, "Couldn't the SOB have waited until he was buried?", but they got him the stationary.

He used the stationary for his first act as president, which was to write a condolence letter to JFK's kids.

8. Ookpik

Ookpik Member

Actually, Ford buying the Lions got above the fold coverage in The Detroit News.

Click to enlarge.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

49 years later, we're still waiting for the threatened "fight."

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

And is that a Romney flip-flop I see? Horrors!

Draft saved Draft deleted