1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Party on WVU!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Let's light those couches!

WVU regains ranking as nationás No. 1 party school
    MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) - For the first time in 10 years, West Virginia University is back where students say it belongs, ranking as the nationás No. 1 party school in the annual survey by The Princeton Review.
    To the historic disappointment of school administrators who have worked hard to curb underage drinking and other rowdy behavior, WVU has been among the top 20 party schools seven times in the 15 years students across the nation have been surveyed.
    Not since 1997, however, have the Mountaineers taken the top spot. Last year, WVU was No. 3, bested by the University of Texas at Austin and Penn State - both of which remain in the top 10 this year.
    WVU also ranks No. 1 in the category of Their Students (Almost) Never Study.
    The rankings are contained in the 2008 edition of "The Best 366 Colleges," which is based on a survey of 120,000 college students at those schools, mostly during the 2006-07 school year.
    The Princeton Review says the guide is intended to help applicants who can't visit every school in person.
    Incoming WVU President Mike Garrison focused on the positive rather than the rankings, saying the students he met over the weekend and on the first day of classes Monday are more concerned with their futures "and with the great year we have ahead."
    "I'm focused on the way this university changes people's lives, the research that we do and the service we provide to the state of West Virginia," said Garrison, who officially replaces David C. Hardesty Jr. on Sept. 1. "This is a special place, and the whole state is proud of it."
    Guide author Robert Franek said each of the 366 schools is a 'best' when it comes to academics.
    "But as anyone visiting colleges can attest, their campus cultures and offerings differ greatly," he said. "It's all about the fit."
    At the other end of the partying spectrum is Brigham Young University, claiming the "Stone Cold Sober" category for the 10th straight year.
    The book, which goes on sale Tuesday, has 62 categories in all, including: Best Campus Food, Virginia Tech; Most Beautiful Campus, Sweet Briar (Va.); Dorms Like Palaces, Smith College (Mass.); and Birkenstock-Wearing, Tree-Hugging, Clove-Smoking Vegetarians, Hampshire College (Mass).
    This year, WVU finishes among the top 10 in several other categories: No. 4 in Students Pack the Stadiums; No. 5 for Best College Library; No. 6 for Lots of Beer; No. 7 for Lots of Hard Liquor; and No. 8 for Best College Newspaper.
    The Princeton Review, which is not affiliated with Princeton University, is a New York company known for test preparation courses, educational services and books. It published its first survey findings in August 1992.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Lotta nervous furniture in Morgantown over this news.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I've always wondered if this hurt or helped enrollment

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Crouching Couches, Hidden Lighters

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

excellent....

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

They will celebrate by getting new bedspreads to hang in the classroom windows.

How many West Virginians doe sit take to eat opossum?

Three

One to eat the opossum and two to watch for cars.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

How do you castrate a West Virginia man?

Kick his sister in the jaw.

p.s. no offense to our West Virginia brothers and sisters; I've been dying for a place to use that joke for a month now.

p.p.s. happy 7,000th post to me

p.p.p.s. I said pp. Twice.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And two WVU players got arrested over the weekend for stealing a computer. Following in the footsteps of Pacman and Chris Henry.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

now that's quality milestone post material right there...

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So did they drive to Pennsylvania or Ohio to find the computer?

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Only in West Virginia ...

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Well, at least the sheep aren't alone.
    But what do I know, I live in Kentucky.

Draft saved Draft deleted