1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

44-year-old Jamie Moyer no-hitter alert

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Apr 29, 2007.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Hits today:

Moyer: 2 (single and now a stand-up double)
    Marlins: 1

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Carpenter.
    Sutton still calls the Nats catch Snyder but at least he knows who is playing on what team.

Nats pre- and post-game shows are so bad even a fanboy can't stand it.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Didn't work on Buehrle, though.

4. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

At least it didn't end like the last Phillies near-no-hitter, when when Eric Milton took a no-hitter into the ninth in 2004 and defensive replacement Doug Glanville misplayed a ball in center to lead off the inning.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

This alert is 44 years old? How did I miss it before?

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Radio or TV?

7. Moderator1

8. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Yeah, that's bizarre. I thought Johnny Hallyday was a famous Elvis impersonator from France. What's with the hair?

And Ray Knight looks like Michael J. Fox in that old Family Ties episode (or Cindy Brady if you're really old) when the red light goes on as he competes in a quiz show (wow, I sound like the Sports Guy there).

If the Nats keep sucking this much, those two are gonna have to do the show naked for anyone to keep watching beyond the fifth inning, never mind the post-game. :D

9. Moderator1

Holladay has been off all weekend with Byron Kerr filling in. Or Brian, as Knight as called him in between all the "we's."

Draft saved Draft deleted