1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

He should be there

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boots

boots New Member

There is a chance that Barry Bonds might not be named as a starter for the National League All-Star game which will be played in San Francisco.
    Nevertheless, I feel he deserves to be there because (1) It will look good for MLB. (2) He's the lone drawing card on an awful team. (3) The game will be in San Fran.
    Am I alone in thinking he should be there?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The game is for the fans, who haven't voted him in. And his numbers this year aren't good enough to merit an at-large selection.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Didn't Bonds skip the home run derby one year? He didn't seem to care much about the fans who wanted to see him in the contest. He said something like "I'm a grown man and I don't have to do it."

4. boots

boots New Member

Regardless of his being an ass about many things, the guy deserves to be there because it is San Fran. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't selected that the Giants' lone representative gave up his spot for him.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yet another obscure thread title from He Who Shall Not Be Named. And another one placed on the wrong board.

That's 2-for-2 today.

6. boots

boots New Member

Go home son. It's been peaceful around here. Everyday, you come on with a stupid comment directed at me. You want my attention so much. I'm really touched. Do you want to go on a date or something? People are beginning to talk you know.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Cue up the Queen - use the button people. Just don't talk about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.