1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is brutal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Jun 6, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Craig Biggio is a great guy. Anyone who has covered him will attest to that. However, watching him in his quest to reach 3,000 hits is difficult.
    It's also been hard to watch Barry Bonds, like him or not, quest to break Hank Aaron's home run mark of 755.
    I know it's hard for an athlete to call it quits but are there others who feeling its hard watching these two play?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

The only time I enjoy watching Barry Bonds is when he looks like a helpless broken down old man.
    Piece of shit cheating scumbag.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I'm guessing that's why the Astros won't trade Chris Burke despite a few calls for him.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/41969/

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Why is it hard to watch Barry?
    I personally like to see him rejuvenated as it were.
    He's had a decent 1st 2 months or so.
    Biggio? Very painful.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Summoning up my best Lenny Bruce-the-night-of-JFK's-assassination impression:

Willie Mays.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm sorry, but you get that close to a magic number, you've earned the right to stumble your way there.

It's not like Biggio is stumbling there from 2,800 hits, like Harold Baines threatened to do. And despite his subpar average, he's still averaging an extra-base hit every 9-something ABs. That's pretty good for a 42-year-old.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Biggio is going to get 3,000 hits the honest way. I hope he gets the record, and when he does I will cheer for him. Bonds cheated. I hope he takes a fastball in the knee and has to retire on the spot.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sorry, but we have no idea if Biggio cheated either.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You're right. We don't know if Biggio cheated. I based my assumption on years of watching the Long Island native single and double his way to the HOF without noticeable weight gain or head growth.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

His fucking batting helmet is so big it's hard to tell how much his melon has grown. He looks like the Great Gazoo with that thing on.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Has anyone seen Julio Franco play anymore? Now that's painful. I don't care how fit someone is, it doesn't mean they should still be playing baseball.

Draft saved Draft deleted