1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

40th Ryder Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by trifectarich, Sep 23, 2014.

1. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I was on planes for much of Ryder Cup weekend, so maybe I missed it when this became known, and I didn't see it noted here; Phil flew to Scotland on his own instead of taking the team charter with all the other players and caddies.

That's a huge WTF in my book.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I think it's Azinger if he wants it.

If he says no, I could see Steve Stricker.....maybe Brad Faxon getting it.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell, I'd name Mickelson captain.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That would totally serve Phil right. Also, it'd be a hoot supreme.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Agreed. Ever try it with a really high handicapper? Oh, my Lord, the shots you get to try.

6. A week later and this is still generating stories. I've read a different Ryder Cup story everyday since this ended.
    Seven days later and still going strong.

Majors don't get this much (post) attention. Yeah, I know its the end of the season and all that ... but geez. Give it a rest.

7. Still going strong with stories.

If the stories are true, and they prolly are, Watson fucked this up from Go. And Old Tom is getting zero sympathy from anyone.

Give it a few more days and we'll learn he was the shadowy figure in the driveway who clubbed Tiger Woods and ruined pro golf.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Has Watson had/does Watson have a rep as an asshole?

9. Kind of ... He's no Ben Hogan... But he's no Steve Stricker in terms of popularity.
    Very rigid fellow.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

He did write a letter to Augusta that got Gary McCord banned for saying the greens had been "bikini waxed."

So yes. He's a dick.

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

That is a stunning development. You think next month's annual meeting in Indianapolis might be a little awkward?

Draft saved Draft deleted