1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

40th Ryder Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by trifectarich, Sep 23, 2014.

1. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

I am unreasonably excited about this year.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Love it. It's getting lost in the wash in that it's happening early morning, the middle of the NFL season and the end of the MLB regular season. I'm up early anyway and will have it on.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

We'll, I just saw the group photos of the US and Euro players and their WAGS and the British media can give their "Barbies" snark about the US girls a rest. The Euros are about 2-up on blondes

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

If you want to make a profit of $100, you have to risk $190 on a bet with the European Team. If you want to bet the U.S., you bet $100 to make a profit of $170.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

U.S. still a value bet at plus 170. I might just take a little flutter later today.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

How I like it. :)

But really it's been dry all week, which means a ton of 3-putts and potentially high scores for all competitors. The rough is typically Scottish and will only add to the number of pluses.

In a related report, Curtis Strange skipped his weenie doc appointment.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Patrick Reed and Jordan Speith playing like BMFers.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

What kind of chance do you give the U.S. in this thing?

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Better than most people think. Match play is a total toss up a lot of the time. US needs Phil and Keegan to pull this out to finish the morning 2-2 though. That would be huge.

10. JackReacher

At one point a couple days ago, the U.S. was +180. Kinda bitter I passed it up.

11. JackReacher

Mickelson and Bradley with a pretty huge win. U.S. up, 2.5-1.5.

12. And Watson benches them for the afternoon? WTH?
    Poulter THE Ryder Cup man for the Euros is humiliated by the US pairing (granted Poulter has had a rough year) and they get a seat for the later-day matches.

Draft saved Draft deleted