1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Drug Dealer Runs Over Two Kids, So City Pays Up

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Am I the only one who sees a problem with this? It's DC's fault that a drug dealer ran over and killed two kids while running from police? Tell me I'm not going insane here. Why should the city have to pay a dime?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/18/AR2007041802327.html

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Probably because D.C. let them out after the first offense - without reading it I can just feel that.

Besides, Jackson and Sharpton are probably the blame-leading brigade.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Wrong. DC Police aren't allowed to engage in a high speed chase. So they start to chase a guy, but pull off after 10 blocks. Wham. Two kids dead and it's the city's fault.

4. An entire worldview summed up in a single dependent clause.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Once more people understand that Rush is a song-and-dance man rather than a source of truth, the whole world will be better off.

Until that time . . .

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Who's fault? Incredible! The responsibility and accountablility starts and ends with the criminals.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

By the way, this prick drug dealer got only 16 years for killing two kids while fleeing from the police?

I want his lawyer if I ever get in trouble.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's clearly dangerous to chase suspects at high speeds through city streets. That's why DC police have a policy that they would only do it while pursuing a violent felon.

This was some low-level drug dealer caught in a sting. They screwed up, let him get in his car and then chased him against department policy and he ran over two kids.

Yeah. The city should pay.

If they were your kids, I bet you would want the city to pay. Doubt you'll get much from the drug dealer.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Depends on how good he's been at his job. If it was Nino Brown, they could have gotten more than $1.2 mil.

10. heyabbott

It's not about liablility and responsibilty, it's about the deep pockets.
    Fuck justice,SHOW ME DA MONEY

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So what would justice be in this case?

12. heyabbott

Charge the drug dealer with 2 counts of manslaughter or even felony murder, as the children were killed while the drug dealer was fleeing the scene of a felony and being the cause of the deaths of the 2 young children. The local community churchs, and I know of them as I am in that area, should help the surviving family both spiritually and economically. A community coming together over a tragedy rather than holding every tax paying citizen financially accountable for deaths that were caused by criminals.
    That's more like justice.

Draft saved Draft deleted