1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spring football on ESPN sportscenter?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Apr 14, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Slow news day?

NHL, NBA, MLB, NASCAR, NFL Draft...

Actually, that might be better than the 1,256 hours of NFL draft coverage that has been on TV recently.

Or maybe we could see some more news about teams like Kansas City or Pittsburgh or Seattle.

2. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Spring football's big news in many parts of the country...namely, all the parts of the country that care about college football.

Plus, college football's a big part of ESPN's fall lineup, which means it pays to promote it every now and again.

That reminds me, I really enjoyed the Sporting News' spring football package in the latest issue. It's so rare that I can praise SN, I figured I should jump at the chance here.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Nah, the Red Sox played an afternoon game, they can analyze that game from start to finish now.

4. 93Devil

Oh, I love college football.

But, wasn't ESPNU started for this reason?

5. Mighty_Wingman

If a tree falls in a forest and ESPNU broadcasts it, does it make a sound?

6. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

I was at the FSU spring game today...even as a die hard fan it was a little boring.
    the country is obsessed with football so you know ESPN is going to be all over that.

7. 93Devil

Wingman, on a side note.

The actor in your profile, I met him at the train station in Baltimore.

I was getting a newspaper, and he was walking into the news stand. I just looked him right in the eye, and said I was a big fan of the show. I then gave him a firm handshake. Solid moment.

The female lawyer then walked by. She was about a 6 or a 7 in real life. Simmons had that pegged. If Omar would have walked by, I would have crapped myself. He scares the hell out of me. Omar comin!!!!

Then a few months later I flew on a flight with Marlo. Same thing. Made eye contact, said I was a big fan then the handshake. Solid moments. Marlo is like 6-2 in real life.

Both instances, I was the only person that recognized them. Sad because it is the best show on TV.

8. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

The brain matter spattered on the floor may be your own ... if you were one of the dozens of us senselessly assigned to write sidebars off these consarned games.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

When a spring game can pull 40,000 ... there's interest there.

10. Mighty_Wingman

Great stories. Nice of them to be so cool about it. Though I guess you've got to be a pretty big dick to blow somebody off for a handshake and 10 seconds of conversation.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I'm pretty sure the Philadelphia Eagles are on the clock today. God I love that segment, so interesting and insightful.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just wait. ESPNU will be airing spring games this week.

Draft saved Draft deleted