1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

400,000 Miles!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jul 6, 2006.

1. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

I'm with POSE on this one ... selling a GEO with 230k is a remarkable feat.

I have 165k on my 99 Maxima. Still nothing mechanically wrong. The first thing to go has been the paint.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Says the guy who taunts us, recounting his 50-foot walks from his bed to his office! :D

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

Hey now, it's not all peaches and cream. I have to go out for lunch, you know.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

You need to move closer to Tahoe. The commute is killing you.

Me, a 1993 Toyota 4Runner, 205k miles. I'd planned on keeping it until I hit 219k (200k of my own; I bought it used), but the more I think about it, the more I figure I'll just run it into the ground. Some rust, but original engine, clutch and everything else. Change oil and filters regularly, nary a hiccup. And no car payment for a decade.

My father drives my old car - a 1991 Corolla. 232k miles. I might catch up with him since he drive maybe 14 miles a month now.

And I prefer Nikes.

5. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

my jeep cherokee died recently at age 249,000.
    best vehicle I'll ever own. mechanic i sold it to has put it back together again and its still going. Easier for him to do in his spare time than for me to get hit with a major repair bill.

6. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

In June 2004, I finished paying off a Jetta with around 100,000 miles on it. In the next four months I made the equivalent of four more payments in repairs, though part of that was living on the outskirts of a big city and it was a pain to get parts there. So I bought a new one in October.

I put 94,000 miles on the Jetta in five years; such is the life of a sports writer. I put 33,000 miles on the next car, a Civic hybrid, in 18 months but recently moved to the desk with this as one of the reasons. Tired of putting all those miles on cars.

Draft saved Draft deleted