1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

400,000 Miles!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Men's footwear has laces.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Do us all a favor and keep that poor rabbit away from Jones. He's a sick, perverted bastard.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Bought some monochrome black chucks in the late 90s and they fell apart really quickly.

Maybe I just got a bad batch.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Love me some converse. Lost both pairs in a move. And my cat got ran over. :'(

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I want to be buried in Chucks...black high tops.

6. Varla

Varla Member

I love my Chucks. Started out with the black low tops, but then changed to the black Converse One Stars. The One Stars were more sturdy since they were made out of leather. Then it became hard to find the One Stars. So, even though it pained me, I switched to the same style of Vans.
    That experiment didn't last long, so now I'm back to the black low tops.

7. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

I had a Jetta that went 202,000 miles, original engine, clutch. It had too much rust to keep going. But it was a good car.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I wore the black Chuck high-tops when I was younger.
    I switched to the unbleached low-tops in my early 20s after reading a Hunter Thompson biography.
    I took to the affectation so much that I've stuck with it for 10 years.

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

Yeah, and just keep Ragu away from your furniture. He's a bed-wetting couch fucker.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

On threadjack, I've been with low-top black sneakers, too. Nike (big, wide feet ... three straight pairs of Reeboks were blown out on sides). Easy to maintain and, most importantly, don't look like friggin' boats that white sneakers do.

Back to thread. I was lucky enough to have a '91 Geo Storm GSi (rebadged Izusu Impulse). When I sold it in '98, it had 230,000-plus miles. Of course it had a few sets of brake pads and tires along with routine maintenance. Needed a new flywheel in the transmission after 180,000 miles. But original engine, which was all the more remarkable considering the revs you had to have to compensate for a lack of torque.

I might entertain doing that with my current vehicle. Acura/Honda is kinda known for mechanical iron horses ...

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

I own a 1994 Dodge Caravan. I bought it in February 1999 (baby number three was on the way) and it had something like 42,000 kilometres (about 26,500 miles) on it.

Last week it went past 320,000 km, or 200,000 miles. Same engine, same transmission, same everything save the brakes and exhaust. Yay me. :)

12. sportsed

sportsed Guest

Out of all the great feats on this thread, you're is the best: You SOLD a Geo with 230K on it. Congrats. Hope the gum tasted yummy. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted