1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

40 years ago today...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by goalmouth, Jun 5, 2008.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

What exactly does that have to do with the point? All I'm saying is someone made a sweeping, grandiose statement about Obama's base of support that wasn't quite accurate. What that has to do with where Hillary's support comes from and how much of it is due to Bill is beyond me.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Because the segments of the population you identified as not supportive of Obama -- older white, middle-class Americans, over 35 -- were people who mostly benefited from Bill's presidency. They are going with what they view as the sure thing in Hillary.

The younger sect didn't, directly. That explains their willingness to vote for Obama.

It's pretty clear, I think.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Nowhere did I try to say why this is so. I'm merely pointing out facts that contradict the whole idea of this giant groundswell of broad-based support sutting across racial and class lines, when numbers don't exactly show it. And that includes some of the poll numbersmatching Obama against McCain.

Again, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying nobody supports Obama. nor am I saying he can't create the kind of broad-based support goalmouth envisions. I'm just saying he ain't there yet, and has a ways to go before he gets there.

It's late, I'm tired, and that's about all I've got.

Night.

Draft saved Draft deleted