1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

40-year-old coach marries 16-year-old student

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I really don't see what you are all saying is so wrong with that logo.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

At 16, I would prefer my daughter (if I had one) to date boys, live in the house, attend high school, learn how to drive and do whatever it is that she does. But my daughter dating 40-year-old men, that would be a no-no.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, but 16-year-olds are not ready to make those decisions. And even at 16, my daughter will still be my child...and well beyond that.

And well into her adulthood...the argument stands...if it's a choice of her being in danger or me...I'll choose myself every time.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Let me make this clear: I agree with you.

The daughter already has been dating the 40-year-old. The daughter very likely is diddling the 40-year-old. She refuses to deal with the parents. The parents have let it down the road this far; now, they have no other choice, IMO.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No, they still had a choice.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I am glad you feel that way, OOP. I say that sincerely.

But at some point, children and young adults need to learn the ramifications of their mistakes -- and deal with them instead of mommy and daddy cleaning up after them.

By the way, I'm surprised at how little y'all are pissed at the school district, which likely will get a seven-figure lawsuit tossed its way in the next month or two.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You're right. Let me rephrase: this was the best worst choice available.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And that's where we're going to have to agree to disagree.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's the boots family coat of arms. Does that help?

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

It does, but that's a stretch for that logo. I am sure that coach decided to wear that shirt for that picture with her.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Since she's already married, are you allowed now to comment on whether you'd "do" her? Tough call.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Given his incredibly bad judgment to this point, how can you be sure he didn't wear it for that very reason?

And did anyone notice the linked story on the ABC site?

An investigation into a teacher's risque prom picture pose has ended with his resignation from a Louisville, Ky., high school.

Brett Coogle, 28, quit his job after Western High School administrators saw a photograph in which the English teacher was allegedly taking a bite from a female student's "candy" garter belt at the school's May 11 prom, a school district spokeswoman confirmed to ABC News.

Draft saved Draft deleted