1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

40-year-old coach marries 16-year-old student

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beefncheddar, Jun 22, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, thank you for the touchy-feely approach. Maybe if you have a daughter and she ends up in a situation like this, you can even keep a smile on your face while you give away the bride.

Would I literally take out a knife and carve off the family jewels? No. I'm not a violent person. Could I see the confrontation that WOULD happen getting ugly? Damn right. She's 16. The parents need to protect her, even if it is from herself.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Will this end well?

3. outofplace

I highly doubt it....but at least it could be entertaining on the way down.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

For the girl? No.
    For the perv? We can hope not.
    This thread? Not a chance.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I agree with the parents signing the consent form.

Why? Let the kid learn the hard way. Why should mommy and daddy dearest shelter her?

So what if she'll be emotionally scarred? She needs to learn the ramifications of her actions. She is not 11, she is 16.

Maybe 10 years from now, she'll write a book about this and make a mint.

Maybe 10 years from now, his dick will be stuffed down his throat by some anti-kiddie-touching fellow convict.

6. outofplace

The child absolutely needs to be dealt with in a way that is sensitive and caring and takes into account the issues that brought her to that point.

The 40-year-old scumbag, however, is in deep need of a boot up his ass.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

By the way, folks, what else should the parents have done besides assaulting the guy?

They went to the school district, who abdicated its responsibility (and opened itself up for a nice-sized lawsuit as a result).

They went to the cops, who wouldn't grant a restraining order.

They sound like they are smart cookies. They can't force their daughter what not to do, other than jailing her in her bedroom. And we see how well that works out, with cases of jilted beaus killing a parent or two -- see the Ludwig case in Lancaster, Pa., a couple years ago -- to get their damsel out of distress.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The parents' quote at the end about "threw it all away" will bounce in the girl's brain like a pinball. And one day when she's tired of getting deep-dicked and getting her grill seeded on, and Bootsed, by the energizer bunny track coach, when she sees that really cute 19-year-old boy who doesn't sag, she'll replay that quote, and it'll make her think about her life, and she'll opt for a divorce. I say this all happens by the time she's 19.

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

[​IMG]

Their honeymoon destination

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Somebody's been watching too many TV-movies...

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not too many shotty :D I did see a really good Clark Gable movie on TCM the other day, though.

12. outofplace

I'm not suggesting jailing her in her room. And again, I don't know her or all the details of the situation, so I'm not arguing with any part of what the parents did save one -- signing the consent. I don't agree that they had to do it. They may not be able to keep the girl away from the scumbag, but they could have kept it from being legal.

Draft saved Draft deleted