1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

40 Under 40: Sports Media Talents

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by boundforboston, Jul 18, 2017.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

He was 61st in their 40 under 40.

poindexter likes this.
  2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

How do people feel that so few writers we're mentioned?

Also, who is Graham Bensinger? I know he has that show giving BJ's to athletes that comes on midnight on Sundays, but what did the guy ever do?

3. CD Boogie

I'm just glad they didn't mention any editors bc fuck those people.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

:)
    We're all too old, anyway.;)

5. nickp

nickp Active Member

Diana Moskovitz is one of the best investigative reporters in sports right now. She's criminally low.

Taylor Rooks spends her day sliding into the dms of any male athlete that will accept it.

6. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

Proof of how things have changed in the media business, with print diminished. Back in the day, a few rising young sports columnists with national reputations probably would have made the list, along with the top young writers at SI.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, it's proof of nothing more than The Big Lead doesn't give a shit about most writers.

Who cares what The Big Lead thinks?

wicked likes this.
  8. CD Boogie

It's one of the few sites I visit everyday. I haven't gone to espn in months. CBS or fox in years. It lacks the snark and fuckholery of Deadspin. It doesn't deep dive for shit, but it gets a lot of media scoops, mainly bc the folks who run it don't seem to burn people. So while I don't think their analysis is particularly insightful, they bring light to stories I want to read without the filter of a site like Deadspin

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't mean The Big Lead is a bad site.

I do mean that The Big Lead is going to put together a broad, ass-kissing list that focuses mostly on the TV and Internet folks that The Big Lead wants to cover. It's not any kind of authority on the whole of journalism, nor does it attempt to be.

So when someone asks for the the meaning of a lack of writers on the list, my basic response is The Big Lead doesn't hold sway over general meaning.

It's not unlike Bill Simmons inveighing on how beat writing should work or whether there should be postgane pressers. Simmons doesn't know how beat writing works and doesn't care to know and this doesn't have an opinion that matters.

10. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

He and Craggs went to Northwestern together!

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Jason McIntyre must have already turned 40?

12. CD Boogie

two dinks

Draft saved Draft deleted