1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

40 killed in India terrorist attack

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Nov 26, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was lucky enough to hear Benazir Bhutto give a group of about 30 students a 1-hour summary of the underlying tensions between India and Pakistan. Hearing rumblings between these neighbors should be a concern for everyone. Wouldn't be surprised if this was aimed at destabilizing the Kashmir region which, if it happens, will destabilize the world. All nations need to be on this thing.
    Found it interesting that some federal officials in India are stepping down in response to the attacks. Nice to see some accountability somewhere in the world.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Muslim cemetery in Mumbai refuses to bury the terrorists.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/12/muslim-graveyar.html?csp=34

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Here's a phrase I'm sick of reading:

It hasn't been Bombay for several years now. Move along, people!

I still also see it with Myanmar / Burma.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Do with them what they're worth...trash heap.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That's because most Western governments have not recognized the name change because it was the military junta that changed it. Many Burmese don't accept it either.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It hasn't been Bombay in 11 or 12 years (buck referenced the date on another thread), but AP just changed its style to Mumbai a couple years ago, so I can see the need for that reference.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Busted.

One gets the feeling that in Pakistan, you don't have the right to remain silent. One also gets the feeling that officials in Islamabad knew where he was all along.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081208/ap_on_re_as/as_pakistan_38

8. markvid

markvid Guest

I still don't understand these morons - they act like they are such martyrs, doing it for the cause, etc. but when the heat's on, holy crap, they roll over quicker than Jenna Jameson on a 12-incher.

Draft saved Draft deleted