1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

40 killed in India terrorist attack

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Nov 26, 2008.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know. They could be trained in Tibet for all I know, and it wouldn't matter in the slightest to me, other than to say, rub them out.

Turning mountains into glass probably won't do the trick. Mubarak's claim of Iraq creating 100 bin Ladens isn't all that far off, remember.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Butbutbutbut I thought they all were Mooooslems?!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081128/ap_on_re_eu/eu_india_shooting_intelligence

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Ehh, when 100 people who had nothing to do with the Mumbai attacks get killed, we can set up a call center -- just like India! -- and you can call their families to let them know why they had to die.

Go ahead, practice your speech here. So far, we got:

"You can't worry about nice and neat and squeaky clean."
    and
    "That's the Chicago way!"

Geez, Mark, maybe think this one through a little. Not every problem can be solved by bombing brown folks back to the Stone Age, you know. ::)

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

They just don't value human life like we do. They'll sacrifice civilians to achieve strategic political objectives.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Exactly. Which is why while military action must be taken to respond to specific threats, there is no military solution to this problem and never will be.

This is a cultural problem. This is a communication problem. This is an intolerance problem. This is an intelligence and security problem.

The military -- or the threat of force -- can only make some solutions more effective. But if a military response is our immediate reaction to any terrorist threat, we're never going to make any progress in this unwinnable war. We have to evolve from that way of thinking.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Mubarak better pipe down. His decision to jail Islamic terrorists had more to do with creating Al Queda than anything the US has done.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Commandos have stormed the Jewish community center in Mumbai where terrorists took hostages. Bodies of five hostages and two gunmen were found inside. Overall, nine terrorists have been killed, one arrested and as many as six more are believed to be in the Taj Majal hotel at last report. The director of India's elite National Security Guard commando unit said the nearby Oberoi hotel is under his men's control.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081128/ap_on_re_as/as_india_shooting_162

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If they're Hindu's, not in the mountains of Pakistan, that's for damn sure.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Agreed. And no matter what, India's going to blame Pakistan, so those accusations have to be taken with a grain of salt anyways.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Forget Muslims, Hindu, Kashmiri's, etc., it's those damn Thugee's!

[​IMG]

I'm not going to even offer a TOO SOON? I already know the answer.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. That guy's a Raiders fan.

12. KG

KG Active Member

It's still showing LIVE, but apparently they are having to cease the live video coverage due to media laws in India.

Edit: Scratch that. The live video feed is gone now.

Draft saved Draft deleted