1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

40 killed in India terrorist attack

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

MSNBC has a feed from an India TV network. Apparently, the terrorists were looking for people with American and British passports.

2. Freelance Hack

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Times of India says 80 dead, 250 hurt

Link to main page so as to avoid linking to an old edit:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/

4. Bombs AND hostages?
    That's planning.
    This is not a barrel of laughs, either.
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Bangkok_airport_under_siege_PM_undecided/articleshow/3758710.cms

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This is some crazy sh*t. It's got to be what 3 or 4 a.m. over there right now? Nuts.

6. DanOregon

Watching the coverage on the cable nets, I kind of wonder how much closer this would have to be to the US before the networks broke in for coverage. Paris? London? Moscow? Toronto? Tel Aviv or Jerusalem?

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It would either have to be on American soil, or be a really big 9/11-type deal. I think the networks did break in for Madrid and London, though.

Hate to say it, but India isn't sexy enough for them.

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Watching CNN International, I feel like I should send the anchors a sympathy card. They really loved the hotels that the terrorists are laying waste to. Oh, there were apparently human victims too.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

It could happen in places closer than Tel Aviv/Jerusalem and not draw coverage, but I'm guessing those two places would get it.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Read on the BBC that the terrorists walked into a restaurant and demanded the Americans and British to show themselves.

11. DanOregon

I was almost wondering if any of the "big guns" would be brought back in to anchor coverage, but I guess they'll play catch-up and hold off on their outrage and blame-placing until Monday.

12. Freelance Hack

When it's half a world away, it's light years away. Even if the terrorists were singling out westerners.

How much coverage did the Indonesian nightclub bombing get a few years ago?

Draft saved Draft deleted