1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

4.5% mortgages

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm guessing the 4.5 is for 15 years, correct?

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That would be even better for me. The monthly payments would not be that much greater than a 30-year at 6 1/4, and the principal (and equity) build up much faster.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm just askin', bat.

4. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

5.25 fixed for 30 years, and I'm almost four years in. Hmm.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I thought I heard that the 4.5% is for 30 years.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I know, Tom. Even if it's only 30 years, you still can add a principal payment to your monthly bill and seriously cut the term of the mortgage. I used an amortization calulator and figured that by paying an extra $100 a month I can pay mine off in 13 more years. The difference in interest saved will stun a mastodon.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

7.5 percent for 30 years, and I'm seven years in.

Thing is, every time I've tried to refinance, different companies kept offering me ARMs and flexible rates. I turned them down.

8. Problem is, even at 4.5 percent, there will still be those greedy bastards out there who go for the ARM at 3.5, then bitch and complain and file for bankruptcy when it raises to 8.

9. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

LOL ... I think :-\

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Nobody can sell their homes anyway. So they won't be able to get a new one. New buyers won't be able to get approval because of the credit crunch.

11. Sheri

Sheri Member

Yes, LOL. :)

That's a direct line, of course, from the rapist.
    The funniest (or most disturbing part) is that the actor they chose for the rapist was actually a native from the area. When they showed him the role and told him what he'd have to portray, they asked him if he would be bothered by it.
    He said, "I done worse."

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Like the guy in Blazing Saddles who stated "rape" twice as a transgression. When Harvey Korman asked why he mentioned it twice, the guy said, "I like rape"

Draft saved Draft deleted