1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

4/28 HIMYM

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

No, the goat plotline is something that you would see in a lesser show. It seems like they backdoored it in because of the reference in the previous season. The classroom scene, the buying the goat and keeping it in the apartment were all something which you are more likely to see on According to Jim.

If I had to guess, Robin has to move in with Ted when Lilly/Marshall move out. I'm guessing that Barney tries to replicate his 30th b-day party a year later as a "bropology" to Ted.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

"Is he all smooth down there?"

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

the Xbox line was pretty raunchy as well. Can't believe that they allow lines like that for an 8:30 show.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not sure I liked that episode or not.

I liked the realistic (for a sitcom) approach to Ted and Barney's confrontation. Didn't like the goat BS.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed on both points. I was just kind of ignoring the goat part. Useful for the casual mention of Robin living in the apartment a year later, but not really funny at all.

6. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

I agree, too.
    I did have several laugh-out-loud moments. I love a Barney-centered episode -- Neil Patrick Harris is a super comedic actor.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Loved that whole exchange, tho I wondered where the censor was, too. I took it as a shoutout to SportsJournalists.com's favorite fall-back, "I'd hit it!"

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... And I take exception to that According to Jim crack. Sure, it's not heady comedy, but I enjoy the hell out of it in syndication. It makes me laugh, and I can ogle Courtney Thorne-Smith and Kimberly Williams. Tho, I realize I'm a vast minority in my appreciation of it.

9. Inky_Wretch

Since I didn't see a 5/05 HIMYM thread, I thought i'd bring this one back ...

Kind of a boring episode last night, though the guy from SNL was funny even if it was totally ridiculous.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan of some of the over-the-top stuff, and the wingman with nosebleeds definitely fits in that category. I guess it makes sense since this is a father telling stories to his kids, so some things are bound to be exaggerated, but I didn't love it.

I just keep finding myself wondering how they are going to break Ted and Stella up. I just don't think she is going to turn out to be the mother.

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

There's no way Stella is the mother. It's a guest star, one who has her own show. This is a plot device, but still one I am enjoying.

12. Inky_Wretch

I get the impression the writers are leaving themselves some outs with Stella, just in case the show doesn't get picked up again by CBS.

Draft saved Draft deleted