1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

4/28 HIMYM

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Cool. I was a little afraid of where they were going with Robin and Swarley, but they played it well. Plenty to laugh about, and now we have to wonder about the goat as well as the pineapple.
  2. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Barney is not the only one to break the code. [blushing]
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The goat is one thing, but did anybody else notice the casual mention of Robin living in the apartment a year later?

I also like how they handled this. It was awkward and unpleaseant, which helped make it seem realistic. They actually dealt with the fallout rather than just turn the thing into a joke.
  4. outofplace

I figured I should copy Inky's post from the other thread so no fans of the show miss it. Sounds like Ted and Barney aren't going to be patching things up for at least a little while.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Britney Spears, who proved she’s worth a cool million viewers to “How I Met Your Mother,” is paying another visit to the CBS sitcom.

Spears will reprise her role as bubbly secretary Abby in the May 12 episode, CBS said Monday.

“We’re all so thrilled to have Britney joining us once again,” series executive producer and co-creator Craig Thomas said in a statement.

“And just to head it off at the pass this time around: Yes, Mom, Britney’s very nice and no, I can’t get her autograph for you,” Thomas added, jokingly.

Spears’ appearance in the March 24 episode won her good reviews and boosted the show’s viewership to 10.6 million viewers, in comparison to the 9.6 million who had tuned in the previous week.

When last seen, Abby was flirting with womanizer Barney (cast member Neil Patrick Harris). The new episode, which began production Monday, has Abby and Barney sharing their mutual dislike of Ted (cast member Josh Radnor) and acting on it.
    “Desperate to get a rise out of his former pal, Barney pops a surprising question to Abby,” CBS said in a release.

“How I Met Your Mother” stars Harris, Radnor, Cobie Smulders, Alyson Hannigan and Jason Segel (“Forgetting Sarah Marshall”) as an urban family of 20-something New Yorkers.

The pop star’s camp originally approached the show about taking part, executive producer Carter Bays told The Associated Press earlier this month.
  5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I totally caught that. Hmmm, well she;s still aunt Robin, but I guess Stella isn't the mother then.,

Who played Ted's mom on the show. Is she bangable enough for Barney?

And his office rules. I want a hotdog maker.
  6. outofplace

7. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

That's right, she played Christopher's mom on Gilmore Girls. I knew I'd seen her in something.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

With the exception of the goat thing, it was an excellent episode.
  9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

And since the goat was ALL over the episode ***

Ted may be the only character I like.
  10. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

They mentioned the goat eating Robin's washcloth. So was that goat living in the apartment a year later?
    Interesting episode. Shows that Barney actually has a heart after all - wonder what he's going to do to get back in Ted's good graces.
  11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I suppose Robin could have taken Marshall and Lilly's room when the two finally move to their new place. Or Ted's, when/if he moves somewhere else.
  12. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I thought the goat was a nice touch because it let them drop Robin living there so casually.

Plus, it was the first time Ted ever got a story wrong which is a little more realistic than every story rattling through perfectly.
Draft saved Draft deleted