1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

4/22 Entourage (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FootballScribe, Apr 22, 2007.

1. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

I thought the episode was one of the better ones.

I do believe they are doing 23 episodes this season, so things might be kind of thin in the begining to make sure they can get 23 episodes out of it instead of the normal 13.

2. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Article on Carla Gugino: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/21/arts/television/21carl.html?_r=1&ref=television&oref=slogin

Two things I gleaned from it:
    1. Her aunt is Carol Merrill (from Let's Make a Deal, for you youngin's)
    2. Debby Mazar, who plays Vince's publicist, will return to the show later this season

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Your aunt is Nora Dunn?

Wasn't she at the center of the Dice Clay (Matsuzaka?... just felt like typing that) controversy on SNL 15 years ago?

4. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Turns out mine is "Lulu Nicaragua". I have no idea how we get there.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I know you guys are into Carla Gugino, and certainly I can see why.

But something about that pick just doesn't seem right. I keep thinking they could've done better than "Karen Cisco."

The casting doesn't feel as upscale as the show generally is.

Maybe an icy blonde would've better captured what they were going for here. Something along the lines of Jodie Foster's "fixer" in Inside Man.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

OK, you're on crack... :)

First of all, how many two-time Oscar winners take guest-starring roles on a HBO show? Most of the other actors who have made cameos are straight B-list. I guess it's arguable where Jessica Alba lands...

Carla Gugino is about 100X better looking than Jodie Foster. They needed someone who is believable as an agent and hot enough to interest someone who is supposed to be an A-list actor since I think we pretty much have to assume that Vince is Mark Wahlberg...

Gugino qualifies on both counts. She's hot as hell and still believable as an agent. I would argue that it was probably a pretty difficult part to cast...

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I have to disagree with you as well, Lugz. Gugino is fine eye candy, but she is also at least as good an actor as most of the regular cast. Obviously not on Piven, but who else in that cast really blows you away?

8. Mizzougrad96

How many actresses (who they could realistically get) could pull off that part?

You need someone in her mid-to-late 30s who is both believable as an agent and still hot enough to think that an A-list actor would want to bang her...

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Bob Saget oughta punch you in the mouth.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

No, no, I didn't put that right. I didn't mean Jodie Foster for the part, I meant somebody who could play it like she played that particular character in that movie. She oozed respect and coolness in that role.

I kind of feel like Gugino and Ari are like brother and sister - they look alike. I would've preferred a visual contrast as well. Perhaps a woman much taller than Ari.

Um... let's see... nobody's coming to mind.

You know, they did get Mandy Moore for an extended turn. The show is hot, and it's HBO. I'd think they could at least get a film actress for something like this.

Would Uma Thurman be shooting too high? 35+ year old actresses are always looking for quality parts.

Imagine like a Catherine Heigl in that part. Yeah, I know she's not available, but somebody with her look that could play it like that "fixer" of Jodie Foster's.

11. Mizzougrad96

Heigl is too young... I think she's only about 27... Uma might be too hot to be believable as an agent. She's also probably 4-5 inches taller than most of the guys in that cast...

I love Mandy Moore, but she's no better than B-list (maybe B+) They did get James Cameron.

12. Mizzougrad96

Amanda Peet would have been good...

Draft saved Draft deleted