1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

4/22 Entourage (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FootballScribe, Apr 22, 2007.

1. I know this is supposed to be a show that doesn't make you think and you just sit back and enjoy it. But am I the only one that sees a sharp decline. Obviously, Ari is still at the top of his game and he was tonight (the rant in the doctor's office was classic), but I just don't walk away from the television chuckling or smiling like I used to when this show was over.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

All of a sudden, I feel like this show is on life support re: my interest.

3. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Could not disagree any more. Ari's doctor rant was CLASSIC, as was the firing scene. The boys and their ADD by the pool was well done.

Oh, and these three words ...

Carla Fucking Gugino.

Good lord, she is hot. Drama is so on the money all the time with his senses, too. This sets up next week PERFECT for Ari to be back in the fold, and the hijinx ensue.

rb

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Ari was classic.
    Show seemed kinda thin, take out the intro and it was only 20 minutes, maybe not that long.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The show is always thin...but just about every scene had Ari being Ari or Carla Gugino showing off her assets...that's enough to keep me watching.

6. Carla, baby ...

7. Yup, just 20 minutes long. Great scenes with Ari and the psychologist but yeah, this season is not as good as the others. I wouldn't say it's in decline because there's still potential.

It feels more rushed than anything. Everything I read leading up to this season indicated that HBO forced the writers to have a season they could run right after the Sopranos and the writers weren't pleased.

It also feels like they're not sure where they want it to go. Last season, I couldn't wait for Sunday nights to watch this show, but now the story lines are so random that it's just something to watch when Sopranos ends.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I thought today's show was the best of the season so far.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

"They're all just numbers, just like Wife Number 1 and Therapist Number 7. Good...Day!"

God, I rewound live TV watched it twice more.

10. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

This episode, to me, was "eh." I'm not buying into the whole Carla Gugino character or her call to Vince

The preview of next week doesn't look so hot, either, with the sitcom-like dialogue between her and Vince. Or the number of celebrity cameos.

Supposedly they are going to examine a different side of Vince's celebrity this year (I won't mention it in case it's considered a spoiler), which will make things "more interesting." We'll see. The show has been all of the place so far in just a few episodes.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Vincent Chase's Ron Mexico Name Is Johnnie Micronesia, if you use Vince Chase it is Pavel Senegal, if you use Vinnie Chase it is Derek Tonga.

from the Ron Mexico name generator http://ronmexico.kainalopallo.com/

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Don't they need real plots for anything to be considered a spoiler? Spoil it, dammit!

Draft saved Draft deleted