1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

$4.00 Gas??

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Sep 27, 2006.

?

Would You pay $4.00 for Gas If $1.00 of each gallon went to pay down deficit?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    86.2%
  1. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

1) No way. It would needlessly put the biggest burden on the working poor. We already have the state lotteries for that.

2) Paying down the deficit makes accountants happy but has not been shown to give any real boost to the economy.

3) That idiot swath of Middle America does a great deal of the real work in this country. You should treat them with more respect.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No. Though, I'd give an extra $1 a gallon that would go into a pool so that oil company executives could take it as bonuses and perks and such.

I'm used to doing that, at any rate.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Clinton paid down the deficit with gas prices at less than $1, so sorry, no way.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Projected 2007 deficit $290 Billion - its coming down

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Good, then the government doesn't need any help.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

What else needs to be said?

I don't trust the government any further than I could throw them ... even with a bad knee. :)

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Yes, and the Bushies have shown a canny knack for hitting their budget projections. You should have no reason to doubt them on this one.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I hope those of you who actually engage in sports journalism know more about that topic than this one.

I doubt it ...

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I voted no. It would be like using a regressive/flat tax to pay the bill for the Bush administration's irresponsible tax cuts and out-of-contol spending. It would disproportionately hurt lower- and middle-class working people who need to use gas to work and get to work.

Draft saved Draft deleted