1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

39th Ryder Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by trifectarich, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I'm on 8 right now. Bubba fever is taking over this place.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

He is killing it out there. Did you see/feel it when he was pumping up the crowd before he hit his opening tee shot? Such a cool moment.

3. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

This Mickelson/Bradley pairing in the morning was like watching a father/son pairing. Just outstanding viewing.

4. Lugnuts

DD.. Yes! Crazy Bubba.. i watched him tee off!

Too crowded here to try to follo any one group, tho.

Heard in the crowd as Phil sizes up his putt on 8... chants of A-my, A-my.. and I'm probably the only one here who notices she changed her outfit for the afternoon matches. :)

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

For all the commentary on Woods, I think it should be noted that the current world number one isn't exactly tearing up the pea patch out there in a match Europe really needs.

7. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Is it a far stretch to say Tiger will never be Ryder Cup captain? 1. It would be crazy to offer it to him because he would put less effort into it than he does playing. 2. He probably wouldn't want it.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Agree with that. It would be like Barry Bonds being a manager.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

No way. He will absolutely want it. Golf history matters to him. If Hal Sutton can be a captain, Woods has to do it.

10. Lugnuts

Who do you pair Tiger with tomorrow? And do you sit him in the morning?

11. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

By your posts, some of you seem to think Tiger is golf's original douchebag.

He's obviously no Arnold, and part of me gets why people still delight when he struggles, but a little perspective is in order here.

Lots and lots of professional golfers are also professional pieces of shit. Spoiled, entitled, pampered jerks.

Tiger's hardly unique in that regard.

12. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

I think you need to pair Tiger with someone who will hit the ball in the fairway because God knows Tiger isn't going to.

That guy was supposed to be Stricker. He's normally straight as a fucking laser off the tee; when he started spraying the ball all over the place today, it was pretty obvious that partnership was doomed from the start.

Maybe Zach Johnson or Furyk.

But whoever he plays with, Tiger certainly ain't sitting. DL3 don't have the balls to tell even this "disimproved" version that he isn't playing every session. Zero fucking chance.

Draft saved Draft deleted