1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jim Nantz end-of-game predictions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WScribblySh, Apr 2, 2007.

1. WScribblySh

WScribblySh Member

If UF wins: "Repeat after me, Florida's the champ again!"

IF OSU wins: "Ohio State bucks the trend!"

Or: "Nothing's the Matta with the Buckeyes!"

The ball is tipped . . .

2. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

"There's Noah doubt about it--the Gators are champions again!"

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"And we'll see you all on Saturday for a tradition like no other....the Masters (splooge)"

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

This would be more fun if BYM2 were doing his Gus Johnson impressions instead.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

I think Gus should be doing Masters coverage. "OHH WHAT A DRIVE BY TIGER! HA HAAA!"

That guy sucks

6. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

GJ: Pendergraft the inbounder on the baseline. They throw it to Morrison. He holds on.

LE: You don't want to foul Morrison. You make him get it over half court. You know you got to foul...

GJ: And a steal! Farmar! Inside! The freshman... up OHHHH! And they go in front! Raivio. Last, chance, to dance! Mbah a Moute!

LE: Unbelievable!

[In the ensuing chaos, Mbah a Moute steals the ball from Derek Raivio and forced a jump ball with the possession arrow to the Bruins. Gus is so freaking stunned, he cannot even call the game. The TV truck cannot follow the action either, it was just chaos all around.]

GJ: Oh what a game!
    LE: Unbelievable.
    GJ: What. A. Game!
    LE: Unbelievable!
    GJ: U.C.L.A.! Unbelievable!
    LE: Are you kidding me!?!

GJ: After being down by 17... Heart, Break, City!
    LE: Holy Mackerel
    GJ: 2.6 to go! UCLA has CLIMBED the MOUNTAIN!

GJ: Hollis comes into the game. He’ll guard the ball. Pendergraft the inbounder.

LE: On any long pass, trying to get it to halfcourt, you still want to get after the ball like you’re a cornerback in the …

Johnson: In the frontcourt... Batista with the C-A-A-ETCH! THAT’S IT! WHAT A COMEBACK! UCLA DEFEATS GONZAGA, 73-71, AFTER BEING DOWN BY 17!

7. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Good idea for a thread. You can bet it will be something mind-numbingly stupid.

After an insufferable decade as CBS play-by-play guy, Nantz has done the impossible: Make me miss Brent Musberger.

"The 'Cats may have Billy's tongue, but the Gators have the title!"

The nation replies: "Please, tell us you're talking about Packer."

8. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

After a Florida loss: "Well, you can bet Billy D doesn't give a shit about Kentucky right now. Coming up this weekend, a tradition unlike any other..."

9. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

"Bonnie, I couldn't give a shit about Kentucky right now, I've got 13 hurt kids in my locker room."

10. BitterYoungMatador2

Golf Digest did a Q and A with Nantz about two years ago where he couldn't stop slobbering over the Masters. "People e-mail me and say 'what's with that music you use. What's that about?'" If there are really people out there obsessed with Masters music, please give us their addresses so the proper people can look after them. I love golf and couldnt give a shit about the music.

11. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

there is one guy out there...

12. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Silence. Please.

Draft saved Draft deleted