1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

noah in the nba

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Apr 1, 2007.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

i was at a final four party yesterday and this was a topic of conversation: what kind of pro will noah be?

my feeling: he's sort of a cross between bobby jones and dennis rodman. i really, really like his game. believe he'll be a terrific, don't rate-him-by-scoring, intangibles-type star. sort of a derek jeter of hoops.

others aren't as convinced. thoughts?

oh, this should be in "sports and news," but i don't know how to move it and am too lazy to do a do-over.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Oden and Durant, assuming both come out, will go 1-2...

I would take Noah third... I know some have him going in the 7-10 range, but I'll be very surprised if he doesn't go top five...

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I'm not a big fan of his game. I don't even think he's the best player on the team. he creates a lot of excitement, but his yelling annoys me.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wouldn't argue with someone who says that Horford has better overall talent, but Noah is the whole package and will be very successful in the NBA...

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

No idea what kind of a player he'll be but I look forward to the first several hard fouls on Noah. His schtick will wear very thin very quickly in the NBA.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I'd say he might better cut his hair for some quick street cred, but if you look around, there's a lot of feminine hairstyles in the League these days.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Good athlete, execellent defender, great hustle guy, tough guy, good shot-blocker, can't shoot from outside 6 feet but is nearly automatic with either hand inside that distance — Noah will be effective. Great? No. But effective.

I mean, seriously, look at some of the big men in the Eastern Conference...

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Game seems a bit soft. Reminds me of Channing Frye.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He's got a soft body IMO and I'm not sure he has the drive to succeed in the NBA. It's not like he needs the money.

And, as others have pointed out, his act won't play at the pro level. I'm not sure it would have played in the SEC in the early to mid-90s against guys like Shaq and Corliss Williamson.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

imo, he seems to play with great joy. i like to see that. i would think his act will be tempereda bit in the nba. i see him being a very effective, "intangibles" player.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

He's got the potential to become one of those really good role players. He plays great D, he's unselfish, he'll hustle like hell. I know it probably won't happen, but I'd like to see him play for Orlando.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

No one seemed to stop him, though. He was, in theory, the Shaq or Corliss Williamson of his era. Not that he was that good, but you know what I mean.

C.J. Watson popped him in the mouth with an elbow last year and knocked his tooth out, and he came back louder than ever. And he's a winner. He gets on my damn nerves sometimes, but he's got the rings to back up his mouth. And he doesn't try to do things he can't do on the court. He does what he does, and he does it damn well.

Draft saved Draft deleted