1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scooter Libby found guilty on 4 of 5 counts

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Not sure how closely many of you followed this case seeing that it has nothing to do with the field of sports journalism.

But the dynamics of this case and its intertwining with the field of journalism itself perked my interest.

The exposure of the White House use of both broadcast and print media as their personal cheerleaders put a pretty sombering face on the future of journalism.

What are your feelings on this?

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Thanks d_b

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/1053515/

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Generally I am against the death penalty, but I am willing to make an exception.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I would have thought today's journalists in print and TV would have more balls than to let the White House use them as cheerleaders. At least they act like they have more balls than that.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well it was Robert Novak. He was already on the varsity squad but was afraid of losing his spot.

Even that dim Judy Miller knew better than to print this crap.

6. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

You're right about that being an act. Unfortunately, many journalists today are more interested in garnering rock star status than providing a public service.

7. No offense, dude, but fuck off. You've been watching way too much ESPN if you think that.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Bull shit. Plain and simple. Maybe in your neck of the woods, and in such a case, you need to be all over a journalist guilty of that behavior.

But I'm betting that unless you work at a major metro, most of your reporters are NOT trying to gain rock star status.

9. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Not really, and your rudeness is quite annoying. But I feel you on the ESPN thing, but there's alot of self serving or bought out journalists out there.

Robert Novak isn't alone in being a shill for larger interests.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I have no clue what that sentence means.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Chee...are you a journalist or a former journalist? Or an aspiring one?

12. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

What does this have to do with me? I wanted you guys to share your feelings on the case. I'm not here to talk about anyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted