1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leavenworth, KS ASE

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Charlie Hustle, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle New Member

I'll lob this softball out there to ya. Hack at it.

Company: Leavenworth Times
    Position: Seeking assistant sports editor
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires: March 19, 2007
    Job ID: 737232

Description:
    If you are looking for a quality sports writing position covering a lot of action-packed events and quality sports programs, then Kansas Media One has the right opportunity. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to work as an assistant sports editor for a daily newspaper that serves northeast Kansas. The coverage area includes four high schools and a university. Candidates should have a passion for reporting on games, as well as for developing quality sports features on players and participants. Although a degree in journalism or English is preferred, the right candidate can be trained. To apply for this position, send a resume and writing samples to Scott Lowder, Managing Editor, Kansas Media One, 422 Seneca St., Leavenworth, KS 66048, or e-mail to ltimesed@sbcglobal.net.

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Gotta love gigs where they don't require experience.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Maybe they could find someone on a work-release program from the prison there. They might work cheap.

4. Charlie Hustle

Yeah, I'm familiar with this paper and I wouldn't touch it with a 50-foot pole. Bad company. Bad management. Bad paper.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I'll just give a no comment. I won't tell an entry-level guy to stay away because i understand the desperate situation you're in. But keep your resume fresh.

6. WSKY

WSKY Member

right candidate can be trained = $8.50 an hour

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

You'd be the third-highest paid person in Leavenworth not including the federal employees.

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

A buddy of mine got canned during layoffs a year or two ago. He said he thought about working there, but realized unemployment paid better.

9. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

[​IMG]

I will offer some free advice to the person who takes this job. Sure to boost circulation...

Start a local profile: "If You Were Free..."
    Take a look at the recreation of "those outside the electrified fence."
    The jogger. The fisherman. The hunter. The nympho. Any of it will do.
    You're welcome.

10. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Being an hour from KC, do they allow any Chiefs or KU coverage?

11. Charlie Hustle

The answer is no, unless your idea of covering the Chiefs and Royals is pulling their stories off the AP wire and slapping them onto your page. And you won't be covering any KU or K-State either.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

It works for ESPN.

Draft saved Draft deleted