1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

37 frat bros charged in hazing death

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Sep 15, 2015.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Eh, I suppose I misspoke. You leaped in to defend the honor of fraternities in general, not these guys specifically. Nothing wrong with that, just something I've noticed you do.

I don't really get the sensitive soul line, but don't care much about it.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

That's about as stupid a statement as I've seen out of you and that's saying something.

manky_jimy, Tweener and Riptide like this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You're thinking of someone else, I think.

I'm the poster who's always right.

SnarkShark, doctorquant and YankeeFan like this.
  4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Jesus, call CVS and get your meds refilled.

5. Dick Whitman

Just high on life, Teach. High on life.

6. Dick Whitman

1. I was right about Jackie.

2. To date, I have gone further than you have yet been willing to go regarding faith in Patrick Kane's accuser. I believe she believes that whatever happened was rape. What do you believe?

7. bigpern23

Not sure what either of those statements have to do with my post. I didn't even participate in the Jackie discussion of which you are so immensely proud.

As for Kane's accuser, I clearly stated several times that I entered the thread to discuss the journalistic aspects of the decision to print the bar owner's quotes, not to discuss Kane's guilt or innocence because not even a Grand Jury has seen all the evidence yet. How am I supposed to formulate an educated opinion on if he did it or not? Her accusation is credible enough to warrant an investigation and Grand Jury hearing. That's all I care to say on the matter until evidence is presented in court. The fact that you "believe she believes she was raped" means nothing at all. That is not an expression of faith in Kane's accuser.

Relax, Dick. I was having a little fun at your expense because of your Pavlovian response to any thread that involves frat bros behaving badly. It had zero to do with Patrick Kane.

8. Dick Whitman

Of course it is.

9. bigpern23

Forget what she believes. What do you believe?

10. Dick Whitman

I don't have an opinion. There's not enough information to form one. But there's enough information to arrive at the informed opinion that she most likely believed she was raped:
    • She left the house right away.
    • She called a relative right away.
    • She went to the hospital right away.
    • She informed the police right away.
    Those do not seem to be the actions of someone false-reporting a rape. Somehow, pointing out that fact is a sign of misogyny.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Who do Asian frat bros make fun of during their racist Halloween parties?

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You are very misunderstood, Dick.

Draft saved Draft deleted