1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

35W Bridge collapse aftermath, speedy construction, UPDATE...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rosie, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Re: 35W Bridge collapse aftermath, a fired MnDOT manager unclear on the concept...

If the bridge collapse didn't constitute an emergency in the state of Minnesota, I'd sure as heck hate to see what does.

Geez!

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Re: 35W Bridge collapse aftermath, a fired MnDOT manager unclear on the concept...

Anyone who defends their position with the "it's not my job" rationale, warms my heart. ...

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If she was "working" out of a federal office in D.C. right after the collapse as the story says, maybe she essentially was auditioning for FEMA.

"Wow, so this is what's it's like to be completely disconnected from my constituents. Fun!"

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Re: 35W Bridge collapse aftermath, a fired MnDOT manager unclear on the concept.

Heck of a job, Pitty.

But it's not a slam-dunk case for the state. To wit:

• It was the Minneapolis FBI bureau that bungled the Moussaoui evidence that could've thwarted the 9/11 plot.

• A case that trumped the 9/11 bungling on my Google serch: http://www.princetonmn.net/

• Any state that can vote a professional wrestler as governor deserves scrutiny, even after 13 years.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Uff da.

For stupid.

No Tom & Jerrys for her this Christmas.

6. lono

lono Active Member

Trading Kevin Garnett?

7. Re: 35W Bridge collapse aftermath, a fired MnDOT manager unclear on the concept...

When the Stars left?

8. Football_Bat

Paging Good Doctor with a Paul Allen PXP (because I am above this dastardly deed) ... ;D

9. Football_Bat

But for a REAL life and death emergency, the Riveter is 100% correct.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How'd you like to be her lawyer?

11. Football_Bat

<b>I'll take the case![/b]

(as long as I get my retainer up front)

12. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Re: 35W Bridge collapse aftermath, a fired MnDOT manager unclear on the concept.

How the hell do you get that job? It must not be a political job because it sounds like the governor's ready to watch her twist slowly in the wind.

Draft saved Draft deleted