1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

35W Bridge collapse aftermath, speedy construction, UPDATE...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rosie, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

The emergency manger for MnDOT was halfway across the country when the bridge collapsed in August. She didn't bother returning to Minnesota for almost two weeks. As if that wasn't bad enough (and in my book it was grounds enough for termination right there), it has been discovered she allegedly padded her expense accounts, used her government cell phone for personal use and charged personal travel to the state.

She was fired.

She thinks she did nothing wrong and wants her job back.

Fired MnDOT manager asks for her job back

Fired MnDOT Emergency Manager Wants Job Back

2. lono

lono Active Member

Re: 35W Bridge collapse aftermath, a fired MnDOT manager unclear on the concept.

Rosie: Failing to return after the collapse wasn't just grounds for termination, it was grounds for a public flogging.

That is simply as unacceptable as it is unbelievable.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Re: 35W Bridge collapse aftermath, a fired MnDOT manager unclear on the concept...

The nanosecond she was told about the bridge collapse, she should have high-tailed it back to Minnesota. Period.

I told a friend of mine yesterday if she prevails and gets her job back -- heck, any government job for that matter -- I'm moving to Wisconsin.

4. Re: 35W Bridge collapse aftermath, a fired MnDOT manager unclear on the concept...

If Hitler got his old job back in Minnesota, you wouldn't move to Wisconsin.

5. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Re: 35W Bridge collapse aftermath, a fired MnDOT manager unclear on the concept...

I lived in Wisconsin once, I could (very reluctantly) do it again.

6. Re: 35W Bridge collapse aftermath, a fired MnDOT manager unclear on the concept.

Look, Rosie. There's a signpost up ahead!

[​IMG]

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

You have no idea, FB.

Story of my life.

8. Re: 35W Bridge collapse aftermath, a fired MnDOT manager unclear on the concept...

Just don't read "How To Serve Man."

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Woman sounds like a candidate for a high level position with FEMA.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The immediate response to her asking for her job back should be charges filed for misuse of public funds.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Wow. Just watched the news clip and they said part of her response was that it wasn't her job to be present during the bridge collapse.

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Just like it wasn't anyone's job to help people who fell into the river.
    But they did anyway because it was the right thing to do.
    This woman has brain damage.

Draft saved Draft deleted