1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

35-year-old gets life for pot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, May 7, 2011.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oooops...

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

In answer to your question - yes. Liberals holding on to the notion that Obama is still on higher moral ground than President Bush.

3. How you inferred that from my take is awful to hilarious at best. Why don't you unbunch your panties and come back when you get a clue?

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Hilariously hypocritical you say? Let me introduce you to John Yoo.

Anyway, serious waste of state resources to send someone to prison for life for marijuana possession. Even if it was multiple offenses.

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Just finished Okrent's superb "Last Call." The parallels to the ludicrous nature of the drug war bludgeon the reader over the head, even though Okrent doesn't even specifically mention our current world. I don't know how anyone can have read any history of Prohibition and think it's still a groovy idea to criminalize pot (you can include all drugs if you want, but marijuana especially is so ridiculous). It's really one of the more bizarre and ludicrous things in the world today.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How does the guy who just got back from Afghanistan where he flew helicopters into dangerous places to rescue injured servicemen, and even civilians, look at himself in the mirror every morning?

Yeah, I'll never know.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is about that. Try again, champ.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Can someone pleas explain to me the difference between alcohol and a plant, I would really love to know which causes more damage. So archaic it's unbelievable.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Which is better than the guy with six DWIs driving around free.

10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

It's pretty easy to grow yourself, no? So there's no money to be made off it by big pharma.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Or the alcohol industry.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Could it be race politics?

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-marijuana-illegal/

Draft saved Draft deleted