1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

35-year-old gets life for pot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, May 7, 2011.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

All ya need to know.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's not so much "life for pot" as it is "life for saying 'fuck you!' to the judge, your probation officer and the law over and over."

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Quit breaking the law, asshole.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

OK. And if you're a Louisiana taxpayer, you'd be paying for him now where you shouldn't have to be.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I generally subscribe to this line of thinking, but really, judges need to be smart enough to know when the interests of society are better served by punting.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yep.

He had already gotten a freebie. He could have gotten life after the third time.

If anyone has an issue, it should be with the lawmakers, not the judge. And, the lawmakers are likely reflecting the will of the residents of Louisiana.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Multiple things can be equally true.
    The guy's an idiot. I have no sympathy for him.
    That doesn't change the fact that pot should be legal and that life imprisonment for this crime is a waste of money.

8. How do you look at yourself in the mirror in the morning? Seriously.

9. Is there anything more hilariously hypocritical than lock-em-up Republicans who also claim to be Tea Baggers? You just wish their heads would explode.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

This is generally my reaction to these kinds of stories, but I HATE pot-related incarceration. It drives me bat-shit crazy. This guy goes to jail for life, but the guy who was arrested for six DWIs in my area is walking around free.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

But enough about Doctor J... :D

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Dammit Dools! That was told to you in confidence. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted