1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

35 Truisms That Couldn't Be Truer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mpcincal, Nov 22, 2009.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I found this via SI.com's Extra Mustard:

http://www.lemondrop.com/2009/08/21/ponder-this-35-truisms-that-couldnt-be-more-true/

A few pretty funny ones in there, and I think we can all appreciate No. 1 on the list.

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

This one is the truest of all.

31. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate cyclists.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

No. 9 is a damn good question. Can't remember the last time I wrote instead of printed.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My favorite:

11. Answering the same letter three times or more in a row on a Scantron test is absolutely petrifying.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm sorry. I laughed.

7. The letters T and G are very close to each other on a keyboard. This recently became all too apparent to me and consequently I will never be ending a work email with the phrase "Regards" again

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

SO TRUE. If things on my scantrons started going in any sort of pattern, I usually started spazzing out.

This one was my favorite: 16. While driving yesterday I saw a banana peel in the road and instinctively swerved to avoid it...thanks Mario Kart.

7. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

As a cyclist I hate pedestrians and rollerbladers, cars I don't mind so much.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

I actually thought of you (fondly, I swear!) when I saw the preceding one:

6. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.

:D

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I almost lost feeling in two of the fingers on my left hand for an extended period of time due to number five.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You only break a shoe lace when you are already running late.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

When I lived on the second floor, I would regularly carry 10-12 bags of groceries at once to avoid two trips.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

27 is spot on.

Draft saved Draft deleted