1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

34th America's Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Sep 7, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

US wins. Faster boat. The question is how they got so fast. It wasn't like when they were losing they were getting nipped at the wire.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have to think the Kiwis are yelling "shenanigans" about all this.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The Kiwis didn't claim the sails? [/saturdaynightfairgroundsraces]

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

It's a great comeback to be sure but there was exactly one American crew member on Team USa. This doesn't feel the same as the days when Captain Outrageous Ted Turner and Dennis Conner were winning.

5. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

The WWL is taking a beating on the coverage of this, and I find that pretty funny. No TV rights = no coverage, apparently. Simply a story after yesterday's race and a brief mention (followed by "Other major comebacks in sports") on the broadcast.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah, the godawful duo of Mike+Mike were poo-pooing it, saying that since here was only 1 American on the boat it didn't count as an American accomplishment.

I thought a texter had a good point though -- little Mike gets excited about the New York Jets even though there aren't many guys from New York on the team.

Draft saved Draft deleted