1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

34th America's Cup

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

One of the most important aspects of doing well in a regatta is in the rigging.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Either that or Larry is funneling some cash to NZ to get it to a final and generate some heat for the Cup.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

If so, he's done it. Down 8-1(3) and now tied is crazy.

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Talked to some people in the sailing know today, and they said this Cup was on its way to being a major flop. A little more than a week later, it's being talked about as being one of the best of all time. Funny how that works.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Ellison was supposed to be the keynote speaker at Oracle OpenWorld. Shockingly enough, he was otherwise occupied.

http://blog.sfgate.com/techchron/2013/09/24/larry-ellison-blows-off-oracle-openworld-crowd-to-watch-americas-cup/

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

When I hear "America's Cup", I only think about Dennis Connor and his bizarre white chapstick.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I was surprised to hear the strong Australian accent on the skipper of the Oracle.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Looks like I don't have the NBC Sports Channel. Any other way to watch this?

9. DanOregon

Comcast SportsNet is showing it - also try YouTube

And if you are looking for Americans on Oracle there are only two on the team, and one (the tactician) was sat down during the losing streak.

10. DanOregon

It's over.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Who beat?

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

About the time I became aware this was even going on I found out the US was hopelessly behind. Or so I thought.
    What the hell happened?

Draft saved Draft deleted