1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't be a lead singer for a popular Australian band...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Bon Scott -- chokes on his own vomit

Michael Hutchence -- hangs himself

Greg Wiggle -- contracts rare disease

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=2006-11-30T202755Z_01_SYD334050_RTRUKOC_0_US-AUSTRALIA-ENTERTAINMENT-WIGGLES.xml&archived=False

Actually, I'm bummed about this. As little kids shows go, the Wiggles are damn near enjoyable. They write some good melodies and can rock out a little. I mean, you'd rather have "Point Your Fingers and Do the Twist," "Fruit Salad" and "Big Red Car" going through your head than anything, say, Barney-related. Thanks to the Wiggles, when I was in the Australia-themed children's section of the Tampa zoo (there with my kids, I should say), I recognized the instrumental version of "Down to South Australia" thanks to the Wiggles.

According to the article above, the Wiggles broke Springsteen's record for selling out Madison Square Garden. They did 12 straight sold-out shows. Wow.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Wow, two threads on the lead singer of the Wiggles posted at almost the same time. A sign of the apocalypse? I think so . . .

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Good God, someone check on Peter Garrett stat! (actually I noted that he's apparently a member of parliament in addition to his Midnight Oil gig.

And Bob--how do you know it was Bon's own vomit. They can't dust for vomit, ya know......

4. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Kylie Minogue- Breast cancer

Peter Garrett- Becomes a politician

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Didn't Paul Hester, former drummer of Crowded House and a member of the Wiggles cast, kill himself last year?

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Indeed he did.

He was "Paul the Cook." You can see him in the "Fruit Salad" video.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

As a hardcore Finn/Crowded House fan, the Wiggles have always been strange to watch. Paul singing "Fruit Salad" was odd, but the sight of Tim Finn singing "Six Months in a Leaky Boat" with Captain Feathersword dancing around him was beyond bizarre.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

And then there's Pseudo Echo, who were kidnapped by the guy from Wolf River and tortured and eventually dismembered.

9. Someone better check on the girl from The Divinyls too.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Bon Scott and the rest of the original AC/DC are natives of Scotland.

The Aussie Pink Foyd is making a shitload of money touring America right now.

Radio Birdman (think the Aussie version of the Stooges) just toured the states for the first time this summer.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Is that true....?

Wow. Rock n roll facts no one knows for $500, Alex.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'm sure she's touching herself.

Draft saved Draft deleted