1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reds hire Brook Jacoby as hitting coach

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jack_Kerouac, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

From the Reds' press release...

CINCINNATI - Cincinnati Reds general manager Wayne Krivsky today announced that Brook Jacoby has joined the Major League staff as hitting coach.

Jacoby, 46, returns to the organization following a four-season stint with Texas, first as hitting coach for the Rangers’ Arizona Rookie League club and then as their minor league hitting coordinator. He worked in the Reds’ minor league system from 2000-2002, for the first season as a roving hitting instructor and the last two years as hitting coach at Class AAA Louisville.

His complete biography is attached.

Jacoby joins manager Jerry Narron’s staff that includes bench coach Bucky Dent, first base coach Billy Hatcher, third base coach Mark Berry, bullpen coach Tom Hume and bullpen catcher Mike Stefanski. The Reds are in the process of hiring a new pitching coach.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Brook Jacoby.... Hmm. Seems like I have heard that name before somewhere.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Did you hear that? That's the sound of IJAG reaching Cincinnati in record time from wherever she is.

Poor brook. You'd think he'd join a team THAT WASN'T LOCATED IN OHIO!!!! :D :D

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Well, doesn't he already have a restraining order there?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

2007 Season Ticket Deposits
    The best fans in baseball deserve the best seats available!

Now accepting deposits for NEW 2007 season-ticket customers. Fill out our high-priority form, and stake claim to the best seats we have available. Guarantee significant savings over individual ticket prices, and enjoy exclusive benefits offered only to Reds season-ticket holders. Plus, learn how you can purchase additional seats to Reds Opening Day 2007. For a limited time only!

You may also contact the Sales department at (513) 765-7500.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He doesn't, but she will by April

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Because I know IJAG will be here shortly.

[​IMG]

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

attn: ijag (brook jacoby hired)

looks like ijag is gonna be the world's newest reds fan:

CINCINNATI - Cincinnati Reds general manager Wayne Krivsky today announced that Brook Jacoby has joined the Major League staff as hitting coach.

Jacoby, 46, returns to the organization following a four-season stint with Texas, first as hitting coach for the Rangers’ Arizona Rookie League club and then as their minor league hitting coordinator. He worked in the Reds’ minor league system from 2000-2002, for the first season as a roving hitting instructor and the last two years as hitting coach at Class AAA Louisville.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

10. HoopsMcCann

those who can't do...

11. HoopsMcCann

Re: attn: ijag (brook jacoby hired)

i know, i know... i'm the deep_douchebag

the other one wasn't up when i started that one, but, well, you know. word travels fast when that word is brook jacoby

12. HoopsMcCann

Re: attn: ijag (brook jacoby hired)

Draft saved Draft deleted