1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hayden Fox - Coach

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jeff_Rake, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Jeff_Rake

Jeff_Rake Member

OK, I've been Tivo'ing "Coach" lately -- and I forgot just how much I used to love that show. I just think it's got everything -- the perfect cast, the perfect storylines, a nice mix between humor, seriousness, and even, sometimes ... a dose of drama (when Hayden knew of a former player who took steroids) ...

How many of you were/are huge fans of Coach?

Any specific memories?

I just love the team name: the Minnesota State Screamin' Eagles. They used the Gophers' colors, and they actually pulled it off without it sounding "too fake." As a kid watching the show, I actually thought they were a part of the Big 10 8)

2. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I loved the realism of it. D-I head coach with an office seemingly in the basement. The meeting room barely fits 15 guys. Only two assistants, both of whom are practically retarded. I can't believe Bo Whitley would sign with that shit show.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The Gophers don't have purple in their uniforms.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

And then when Hayden actually gets a big office with a real team, Bo stiffs him. I always thought of Bo as a Michael Bishop-type who wouldn't have done anything in the pros anyways.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That wife was a hottie, especially for her age. That's about all I can think that show had going for it.

6. Drock

Drock Member

I'm still amazed the show lasted beyond a couple of episodes.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Ah, yes, Shelley Fabares, three-time co-star of Elvis, who coincidentally knocked her hit single "Johnny Angel," out of the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 (Elvis' song was "Good Luck Charm").

Eight seasons, actually. And Hayden's daughter Kelly (Clare Carey) was extremely hot too. :)

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Vikings colors, tinted for TVto look like Gophers, exteriors shot at Iowa...
    Not like i watched much or anything...

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

A good, quality show, I thought, when it was based in college.

And a show which absolutely jumped the shark the day Hayden Fox went pro.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thought it jumped the shark when he won a national title. After that, it went down hill with his agent, flirting with the pros....

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That actually may be more accurate.

12. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Luther had a great career when he moved on to Marshall. ....

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted