1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

He's the Devil I tell ya! The Devil!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Sep 20, 2006.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

UNITED NATIONS - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez took his verbal battle with the United States to the floor of the U.N. General Assembly on Wednesday, calling President Bush "the devil." The devil came here yesterday," Chavez said, referring to Bush's address Tuesday. "He came here talking as if he were the owner of the world."

This is the story from AP and Yahoo. GWB is the Devil!

My bigger question, though, is why? Why does this administration insist on trying to determine the fate of so many other nations. I know ever presidential administration is guilty of this, but since they're not in office and the Shrub is, he's the one who has to answer for it.

2. He is way too dumb to be the devil.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Probably because we're the country everybody else turns to to clean up their mess.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

I cannot believe people didn't walk out of that speech.
    Pat Robertson was right.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Best answer of the day. And we ask ourselves why do we get involved in everything? Simple, we are the babysitters for most of these wayward (children) countries. If we don't involved, then someone, somewhere in this world of ours will do something so fucked up that we will have to step in.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

You hate Venezuelans, don't you? Bigot.

7. True once.
    Today?
    If it makes you feel good to say it, fine.

8. JackS

JackS Member

Now that's funny.

Maybe Screwtape, though.

9. Damn, this is a literate joint sometimes.

10. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Manifest destiny.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

Nah, just the psycho who is unfortunately representing them.

12. Actually, a lot of places, including the USA, are going to China for help. Who owns most of our debt, run up during the excellent adventure in Iraq?
    But we are the bestest biggest country in the world.
    Used to be. Now we've got our military hung up in the desert and our hands out to Chinese bankers.

Draft saved Draft deleted