1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 9/2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Figured I would get one started early.

ND-GT will be better than people think. Johnson (WR) for Tech is a stud. Question is can Tech keep up with ND for the whole game?.....

UM-FSU lost a little shine with Moore getting suspended, but will still be a hell of a game.......low-scoring, like 14-10, something like that.

Texas-North Texas will be over before it starts.

Anyone giving Arkansas a punchers shot? (Other than Douglas?)

Marshall-West Virginia could be interesting.

*shameless JUCO plug*- In what could be the game of the year, No. 15 Garden City Community College, (who dispatched of No. 2 Trinity Valley on the road last week) travels to No. 2 Butler Community College. Hold on to your knickers for this one.

2. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

They move the Miami/FSU game up to today?

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I would take the points on UT-UNT. It's gonna be hard for a freshman QB (either McCoy or Snead) who has never taken a college snap to perform well, especially if he gets his cage rattled a couple of times.

But then again, UNT's starting QB is out, their all-conference LB is out, and their top WR has a broken hand. I still would take the points based on the UT QB situation, though.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

To my knowledge, Miami-Florida State is still set for Monday.

Also, it'll be interesting to see the impact the clock changes will make on the game. While I do enjoy a good offensive display, there's no reason a football game should take four hours to play.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The Ryan Moore suspension has no bearing on the UM-FSU game. He is a turd.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Ought to make the "under" bets pretty appealing early in the season, too ... might take the oddsmakers a week or two to catch up.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Anybody else see the Randy Walker/Pat Fitzgerald feature on GameDay? Wow, that was really well done. ESPN screws a lot of stuff up, but they nailed that.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I saw it and was impressed as well. Though to be fair, stories on dead/dying coaches/players are low-hanging fruit; you have to be giftedly retarded to not nail that feature.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This is ESPN we're talking about, Meat. I've seen them mess it up plenty of times. ::)

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Granted.

Coming up on ESPN GameDay ... Northwestern players show heart ... the GOOD heart. Back after this message from Ford! (Freestyle divorce commercial plays)

(it WAS a nicely done package)

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Georgia punt return for a touchdown nullified because Henderson let go of the ball before he reached the end zone. Touchback.

Western Kentucky ball.

What a way to start the Lincoln Financial game of the week.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

the only better way to start it would be a vanderbilt-mississippi state game

vince wouldn't put up with that shit. fire mark richt

Draft saved Draft deleted