1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

9/11 doubts and/or questions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SockPuppet, Aug 29, 2006.

1. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Feel free to dogpile me on this, but....
    Recently I watched the 9/11 Loose Change video that brings up a lot of unanswered questions about 9/11. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you take a look. And before you think I'm a nut job or Oliver Stone wannabe, I thought all the conspiracy theorists were the nut jobs before I watched it.
    With the 5th anniversary approaching, here are some questions?
    The Pentagon damage? All of the photos show a hole about 20 feet wide. It's pretty obvious it was not made by a 757 crash.
    The Twin Towers' collapse? Anybody find it strange that BOTH towers just pancaked, floors falling on top of each other? The second plane crashed into the side of the South Tower. Wouldn't the flames have been stronger there? And wouldn't the building have tended to tilt over in that direction if the steel supports melted?
    WTC Building 7 collapsed about 8 hours after the Twin Towers. Why? It also collapsed as if purposely demolished.
    There are many other questions.
    And, no, this isn't about Bush bashing. I have serious doubts about Bush, but he's an empty suit. I think Big Government, the Military Industrial Complex and the string pullers behind the scenes could have easily done a lot of deceiving.

For my SJ colleagues:
    Anyone have any doubts?
    Has the national media rolled over and played dead?
    Has the national media not investigated because of the pain of that day?
    Has the national media not investigated because it's too easily distracted?

Fire away.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I guess you would need the closest relative possible murdered in the worst imaginable way to gain a scintilla of perspective as to how grossly offensive and insensitive that post was.

3. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

[​IMG]

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That was part of the controlled demolition, DSanchez. Nice try.

sock puppet, read this. Please. Before you make yourself look any sillier.
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/defense/1227842.html

5. Poin --
    I love that PM story. Nice polite and thorough debunking. Thanks for the link because I misplaced my copy of the mag.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Sock, I think you're a Goddamn idiot.

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

sockpuppet, you're a fucking moron. there's no getting around it. you just are. and i'm not jumping all over you -- i pity people like you.

this is the best line from that popular mechanics piece:

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

This is the second time today that I've agreed with Poin, which probably means that the world is coming to an end.

You're making yourself look like a moron, SP.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or is Han Solo shooting at the black helicopters?

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I stood on my roof soon after the first plane hit and watched the second plane glide in and hit the second building. I watched the two buildings burn and I watched them collapse. I know people who were closer to the buildings when they collapsed. They certainly didn't imagine what they saw. I know several people who died in the buildings. I almost can't believe I am dignifying the post that started this thread, but ignorance on this scale is infuriating. What exactly was the conspiracy? It certainly wasn't a CGI effect I was watching with my own eyes, or that others were living through in the most horrid circumstances imaginable. The people on the planes that crashed into those buildings aren't squireled away in the Witness protection program right now, while their families grieve. Damn was that one stupid post.

Draft saved Draft deleted