1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

300th straight conference win

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Precious Roy, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

We just had a girls tennis coach get his 300th straight conference win on Thrusday, and I was wondering if that is some kind of national record. I know that some states don't do conferneces, but I was just curious as to what everyone thought about this.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

We had a girls basketball coach win more than 100 consecutive district games, a mark that spanned SEVERAL years. Made for a neat writeup but not sure if that ... or your guy's mark ... is a record.

Still worthy of play, though.

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Got big play at this paper, the stretch is from 1979, all under the same coach. We also had a hearing-impaired player on an 8-player team rush for 419 yards and seven touchdowns on the same night. What a day for local news,

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The Cherry Creek High School boys tennis team in Greenwood Village, CO (south of Denver) set the national record with 319 straight dual wins. The streak ended in 2000. Since then, Cherry Creek has won 152 straight.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Three hundred wins is a lot. In fact, i's incredible.

I'd look into it.

6. KP

KP Active Member

The parents wanted to fire him after the loss.

Draft saved Draft deleted