1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jay_christley, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Agreed.
    When I first saw the commercial I thought it was a movie about Troy or something, instead it is a lame made up thing.

2. I thought it was an ad for a video game.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I actually thought it might be another Marine Corps commercial. When those commercials with the guy climbing the mountain came out, had a buddy say "Can't wait to see this movie ... uh, what?"

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, the graphic novel was based on the very real Battle of Thermopylea in 480 B.C., not some made-up thing. But don't let the facts get in the way of a pretentious dismissal of the subject matter.

5. WSKY

WSKY Member

That's just my first impression ... I'll see it when it comes out on DVD, I then will get back to you. I honestly thought it was a marine commercial when I first saw the trailer.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I definitely enjoyed that movie and at the tail end of that opening scene, I loved the pullaway shot as she is driving through the neighborhood. It starts out up close to her car and as it pulls out farther and farther, you see the Zombies are wreaking havoc everywhere. It was a really well done movie.

300 looks awesome and, as outofplace noted, it is based on real battle. That said, I'm not sure what Angola! would have against something that was made up (unlike the completely real and factual Troy, in which Brad Pitt can only be killed by getting shot in the ankle with an arrow). In fact, I don't think there are enough films that are "made up" these days. Seems to me like Hollywood writers are relying too much on real events to craft their stories. Instead of searching their imaginations, they're searching the libraries and newspapers for ideas.

7. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted