1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30 rock -- wtf?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Apr 5, 2007.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

i really like the show. but was that ending what i thought it was? a fireworks display in such bad taste that the mayor called to stop it -- because it was such a 9/11 reminder?

or have i had one too many heinekens tonight?

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It was very wrong and very funny.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

it didn't sit well with me. and i'm pretty hard to offend.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

oh, the cowboy hat

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I laughed a great deal, but I am evil.

6. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I thought it was hilarious. It takes real balls to do that, and to have a side plot that relies on a young page as "gay bait."

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I think it was designed to highlight the absurdity that anyone would launch fireworks in midtown Manhattan without any advance notice, or without securing permits.

A <i>three hour</i> fireworks show?

Only arrogant, self-absorbed, totally insensitive network TV suits would authorize that without even contemplating the possible real-life repercussions.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Had they just shown the cowboy hat, any sense of being offended would have been blown away by pure hilarity!

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The episode was awesome. I definitely rank this show.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

One nitpick...I was watching The Office, and they had a commercial for 30 Rock. It had Fey's character, with words written across the screen: "Professionally gifted" and "Romantically challenged."

Only it said ROMATICALLY. Big and in all caps, I think. Kills me. Does no one LOOK at these things before they air??

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

guess i'm still sensitive about anything that seems to make light of 9/11. 35 folks from my town perished. sorry.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Obviously, your point of view is respected.

Draft saved Draft deleted