1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30 Rock running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Like a waitress, Lemon!

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The "Like a waitress" line was my favorite until Jenna's Dog the Bounty Hunter line.

3. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

I would've preferred a black, lacy bra, but I guess I'll take what I can get.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Two poor episodes in a row.

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I thought the episode was funny but not as smart funny as some of the other ones. The Kenneth-witch business was a waste of time.

While Jack, Liz, and Tracy are the anchors I think the show should make sure it keeps using the rest of the ensemble to generate laughs.

I have had a brush with Six Sigma and found the shots at it pretty funny.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Oprah-Sling Blade skit was pretty funny.

7. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Me, too. I thought the Jenna-Frank hookup was great stuff. And the two women battling with Jenna over him was hilarious. The Kenneth/witch stuff and Tracy's diabetes storyline were lame. I loved Kenneth in the early days, but I'm starting to get tired of him. He's always been over the top, but I don't think he has been that funny recently.
    I had no idea Six Sigma was a real thing. But that stuff was good, especially the CLASS and LUNCH acronyms and the team-building exercises. Could have applied to any large corporation.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

The Liz & Jack stuff pwned. One small gripe: Liz didn't act like herself at the Sigma meeting. She acted like she was drunk or something. Maybe chalk it up to her nervousness or her wanting to be more outgoing to make friends. I dunno, just seemed out of character for her.

9. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Yeah, I thought that was a little out of character. She went too far when she broke the train by acting like it was a penis!

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I think she was following through on the camp vibe, reverting to childhood.

11. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Yeah, I guess I got that. Just seemed a little off. Kind of like her flashbacks during the HS reuinion, I suppose.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of those episodes that make people think the show is overrated. The whole episode seemed like one that they've done before.

Draft saved Draft deleted