1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

30 Rock running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Herky,

I bought the "Bro Code" a few week ago. It's hilarious. I love that it's by "Barney Stinson." Still, in the back of my mind, I'm always thinking, NPH is gay and this is all fiction. But I guess it's no different than rooting for Jim and Pam, when in real life John and Jenna don't have anything going on!!

Along those lines, I think it's cool that Tina Fey sort of plays herself on 30 Rock (she calls it loser version of herself ... since she's married in real life etc.) But this week's episode with the reunion seemed to portray the real Tina from high school as described in the Vanity Fair article.

2. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

And judging by some of the old photographs, I think she made herself look the same in the high school flashbacks on that episode.

3. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

Tonight's best line ...

Liz: Hey, you don't know the postmaster general, do you?

Jack: I do, but we had a falling out over the Jerry Garcia stamp. I mean, if I want to lick a hippy, I'll just return Joan Baez's phone calls.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Not their best work, but Jack's speech about his mother and Mr.Schwartz and "White Christmas" was fantastic.

5. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

No doubt the best line of the night. Also liked the gift delivery scenes ... "yeah, it said Dear Santa, not Dear Lonely White Woman."

As I watched this week's episode, I realized that I love the show despite disliking much of the cast. I don't think Friedlander, Morgan and Krakowski are funny (though I suppose they have their moments). I guess Baldwin, Fey and McBrayer make up for it. And I love Grizz and Dot Com.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I thought jack said ex wife not joan baez.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Nope. Baez.

8. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Definitely Baez. Hilarious.

9. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Seeing Grizz and Dotcom putting on skates was awesome. "Boundaries!"

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Salma Hayek.

That is all.

11. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

The lady will be having the tasting menu … instead of any of it, she’ll have a cup of hot water with a chicken bone in it and a bowl of salted ice cubes."

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Mmmmmm.
    Tina Fey in a bra.

Dear God, I need a woman. :p

Draft saved Draft deleted